UI/UX designer with experience in user testing and conducting quantitative and qualitative research using Invision rapid prototyping. Able to lead improvements in UX maturity for large and small companies. Has a strong background in visual design and branding and experience with front-end development. Management experience leading a team of developers, client advocate and as head of company. Thrives in fast-paced environments with a strong attention to detail and is always seeking new and interesting problems to tackle.
- Product designer for Songtrust application, a platform for musicians to collect their royalties.
- Lead React migration with engineering lead. Created new design system for migration and applied new style guide to all pages.
- Collaborates with engineering team handing off designs and visual QA for pages.
- Introduced new guidelines to improve accessibility in the Songtrust application.
- Setup quantitative research tools and set up research repository in Dovetail.
- Lead UX research project with research intern focused on internal pages with poor customer feedback for improvements
- User interface design for web and mobile enterprise applications. Projects include ONETech.ai, focused on AI analytics and workplace optimization.
- Leads UX development on all client projects, presenting initial sketches through 200+ page interactive Invision prototypes.
- Collaborates with development team to manage new design systems.
- Creates promotional collatoral and display designs for marketing team.
- Illustration and visual design services for advertising and branding, technical drawings and product manuals.
- Narwhal BBQ Skewers Project
- Handled all aspects of development: brand design, rapid prototyping, sourcing manufacturers, and coordinating with overseas factory for multiple production runs.
- Raise 200% over target goal through a successful Kickstarter campaign.
- Developed wholesale accounts with multiple e-commerce/retail stores.
- Managed a small team consisting of a developer, designer and QA tech to create a new multi-user site on ExpressionEngine CMS under a strict deadline.
- Architect for the new site build importing 100+ blog entries, photo albums, and eventual on-boarding of 125 users.
- Director, NYC branch for 4 years, leading a small team in executing public and private events. Handled all PR, and was the sponsorship liaison with brands such as Dos Equis and museums such as the Museum of Modern Art.
- Designed production artwork, packaging and technical drawings using Illustrator and Photoshop. Worked across all product lines, including baby and childrens products, action figures for 14+ and cosmetic goods.
- Researched new product opportunities, trend analyses, and original concepts to expand product lines. Made regular presentation to CEO and product department.
- Crafted prototypes for new product development. Conducted user testing with prototypes, analyzed and presented feedback using survey results and focus groups.
- Communicated with overseas factories on production samples. Researched and sourced new factories. Visited established factories in China and Taiwan. Attended Hong Kong Expo and Conton Fair to meet with factory reps.
- Responsible for all product testing with third party laboraties, ensuring new and existing products complied with US and international health and safety standards.
- Responsible for conveying key productiont imeline milestones for all aspects of development and testing, and maintaining deliverable dates.
- Trained in UI/UX rapid protoyping using InVisionApp and HTML/CSS for web and mobile design.
- Developed and presented an SaaS prototype, e-commerce prototype and iOS app prototype. Delivered according to milestones established through weekly meetings.
- Engaged in competitive research for all projects, including SWOT analyses, trend observations, user surveys, and developing user personas.
- Conducted multiple rounds of user-testing for all designs, including low fidelity wireframes, and high fidelity Invision and HTML/CSS prototypes.
- Built e-commerce store with backend for in-house fulfillment. Designed, sourced and produced all merchandise for online store and licensing opportunities.
- Managed two successful Kickstarter campaigns in all stages, developed custom shipping solutions to handle 1000+ deliveries, including custom crating.
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing contractors, employees and interns.
- Ran the bi-monthly mailing list that grew to 5000+ subscribers by end of employment.
- Handled bookkeeping and established financial management practices, working directly with the accountant for multiple accounts.
- University of Washington, Masters of Science for Human Centered Design and Engineering, awarded in 2022
- Bloc.io, UI/UX Design Apprenticeship, completed 2016
- School of Visual Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts for Illustration, awarded in 2006
- Curator: Art Cars & Technology-focused projects, FIGMENT Dallas, Dec 2018
- Speaker, NYU ITP program: “Fandom: Pop Subculture in a Digital Age” Dec 2016
- Writer, ArtsyShark, “From Concept to Market”, on product manufacturing and wholesale, Aug 2015
- Special Recognition, MOMA includes Occuprint serigraph into permanent collection, Oct 2013
- Workshop on “Live-sketching as Journalism” for Future of Storytelling Oct 2013
- Interview, The Gloss, discussion on management style with Molly Crabapple INC April 2013
- Speaker, NYU’s ITP program: “Fandom: Pop Subculture in a Digital Age” March 2013
- L-Train Notwork: Guest e-Curator, NYC L-Train, Nov 2011
- Dos Equis "Most Interesting Academy" Producer, Dr. Sketchy's NYC June 2009
Senior Product Designer, Songtrust August 2021-April 2023
UX Designer, Plasma Computing Group April 2018-July 2021
Web Design & Illustration, Glukkake INC 2006-July 2021
Vice President, Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School Headquarters 2009-August 2020
Product Development Manager, FCTRY April 2016-Dec 2017
UI/UX Design Apprentice, Bloc.io Nov 2015-Feb 2016
Creative Designer, Molly Crabapple Illustration 2009 - July 2015